Safety and confidentiality are our priority
“This is just a cliché that goes well with a picture of a grey haired doctor wearing glasses,” one might think. For us, however, it is our philosophy, the supreme value and operation principle. What do we do to implement it?
We have our own intensive care and resuscitation service.
In case of emergency, we can keep a patient on artificial lung ventilation for up to one month, we can carry out all required intensive care and resuscitation protocols to stabilize the patient. Of course, 99.99% of the time the intensive care equipment is not used and just drives mad our economist, but we don’t want to save on patients’ safety.
We have our own lab service
Vital blood values are tested before, during and after surgery.
Our operating room is fully packed with state-of-the art equipment that meets all international standards
We borrowed some ideas for equipping our operation room from top international clinics specializing in aesthetic surgery, reconstructive surgery and oncology. This is not a question of price; the attention to details has primary importance. Here are some examples.
- Anaesthetic apparatus. We were looking for the best machine in the world. And we got the apparatus that enables us to perform a surgery of any complexity or duration; it is good even for heart and lung transplantation! Such apparatus is probably not a strict necessity for a plastic surgery clinic, but we decided that we need a machine that guarantees the maximum safety for our patients. The machine controls various health parameters, depth of sleep, muscular tone, and automatically performs many activities, thus sparing the anaesthesiologist from routine. It works perfectly and looks great.
- Heater for a patient. We do not just wrap and cover a patient warmly. We use a heated mattress, thermal blankets with automatic temperature control and we maintain the required temperature throughout the whole surgery, regardless the temperature in the operating room.
- Warming intravenous solutions seems to be a small thing, but it is a great relief for the body.
- Pneumo-compressor for legs provides continuous massage of legs during the surgery. It helps avoid serious post-surgery complications, such as pulmonary artery thromboembolism (PE).
- Modern inhalation anaesthetics Desfluran and Sevofluran are the best that medicine can offer today. Painless introduction and termination of anaesthesia and natural physiological sleep. After waking up, the medication gets totally eliminated from the body in 20 minutes. The toxicity of new medications has been reduced significantly as compared to older anaesthetics that were used 10 to 15 years ago.
- Electric scalpelsreplace ordinary scalpels. They minimize blood loss and make tissue resection fast and precise.
- ZIESS Microscopeis used for the most complicated reconstructive surgeries, autotransplantation and for connecting small vessels and nerves.
- Cell Saver is an apparatus for preservation of blood during surgery and minimizing blood loss.
- Laminar airflow system serves for filtration and purification of air in the operating room. Even though we have clean mountain air, we take care of air sterility in the operating room.
Besides, we have a bunch of various instruments and tools aimed to make the work of a plastic surgeon and anaesthesiologist easier and faster.
Effective surgery team
It should be kept in mind that the plastic surgeon is responsible for the result of the surgery, while the anaesthesiologist is responsible for a patient’s life. Therefore, not only the right choice of a surgeon is important, but most of all, the team of surgeon + anaesthesiologist. In theory, these two specialists can perform an operation by themselves. However, we form the whole super-hero team for each surgery:
- A plastic surgeon is the big boss in the operating room; he is responsible for aesthetic and functional results of the surgery.
- A surgical assistant is “the surgeon’s right hand,” responsible for comfortable work of the surgeon.
- An anaesthesiologist has the most important mission in the operating room, being responsible for the patient’s comfortable sleep and the patient’s life.
- A nurse anesthetist is “the anaesthesiologist’s right hand” and responsible for the speed of his work;
- An operating room nurse is the most careful person in the operating room and is responsible for uninterrupted work of the rest of the team.
Video recording of each surgery
We have a camera in the operating room, and we keep the records at our servers. Just prior to the start of surgery, a surgeon reads out its schedule and scope for the record. This simple procedure keeps the surgeon alert and helps avoid routine surgical mistakes.
On-line broadcasting of the surgery can be watched from the lobby of the clinic. One cannot see the patient or operation area, but all the surgery team is on display, to see who is doing what or if anyone leaves the room. A patient’s family, relative and close friends are provided with opportunity to watch the progress of the surgery. It helps them to fell less anxious and disciplines the personnel.
It is impossible to reach perfection, even in a loved career. That is why all the specialists in our clinic take advanced professional education courses all over the world, every year. As it is known from the modern theory of education, only 10% of the students use the obtained knowledge to advance in their practice. After professional education courses our specialists share their knowledge and skills with colleagues at the clinic staff meetings, and we make a collective decision regarding their implementation into our practice.
There are six components of patients maximum safety:
- Intensive care and resuscitation service
- Our own laboratory
- Well-equipped operating room
- The team that works together well
- Video recording
- Continuous professional education
It is very simple. But it is very hard.
Complications and emergencies in plastic surgery
Many are afraid even to think about it. But we talk about it openly and write about it.
In aesthetic surgery, emergencies happen with patients because of 4 main reasons:
- Latent coagulopathy. This is a condition when blood clotting system responds to injury in a wrong way and the whole surface of the wound starts to bleed.
- Latent bleeding unrelated to coagulopathy is a damage to a vessel during the surgery and formation of hematoma (accumulation of blood) in the wound.
- Anaphylactic shock is an immediate allergic reaction to administered medications.
- Pulmonary artery thromboembolism is an obstruction of pulmonary artery by a blood clot coming from other body regions.
Our resuscitation and intensive care service jugulates all these complications. We work not only in aesthetic surgery, but also in reconstructive surgery that is much more difficult and associated with greater risks, this is why our patients should not worry.
Your confidentiality is our responsibility
We have thought about patients who would like to hide the fact of their visit to our clinic. We developed the Incognito mode especially for these patients:
- We separate patient streams in space and time. We will arrange that an Incognito patient won’t come across other patients and will meet only an appropriate minimum number of personnel.
- NDA agreement is signed by every specialist and member of personnel, including janitors: nobody will disclose the information. At least, not in this life.
- Medical documents and visual materials are in reliable protected storage. All the data is stored at our server and has several levels of protection, which is guaranteed by MTC Gazprom information security service.
By special request, Incognito can use the helicopter pad that is situated within 500 m from the clinic.
We deliver the best plastic surgery experience in Russia: we are confident about that.Fast recovery
All about post-surgery recovery, comfortable experience and unique environment.Information for patients
Planning the surgery: a list of laboratory tests; getting ready for surgery; recommendations.Advanced training in the clinic
Information for surgeons and aestheticians who want to upgrade their skills. We are happy to share our knowledge, so you are welcome.Legal information
Clinic info and bank details. Licenses. Regulatory authorities.Information for nonresident patients
Instructions for visiting patients - a plan of action from consultation to full rehabilitation.Medical tourism
All about medical tourismДополнительные преимущества